Welcome to St Vincent de Paul Roman Catholic Church which has been a beacon in Holiday, Florida for almost 50 years. We welcome all people to our community and we have been called one of the most welcoming parishes around. Come see what this special group of Christians are all about!
We will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary in 2019. We plan on having many celebratory events in the coming year. Keep an eye on the upcoming events section of the website.
NEW MASS HOURS ARE NOW IN EFFECT
Father Farrell Hall Rental
Father Farrell Hall and our Media room are available for rent, call the office at 727-938-1974 ext 3. We can accommodate large and small parties and offer catering from our own kitchen. We encourage you to come by and see if our hall or Media room is right for your special event!
Our Parish in Action
2018 Annual Pastoral Appeal
09:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Closed Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays.
FAITH FORMATION OFFICE
727-938-1974 ext 108
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday to Thursday
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM Sunday
CLOSED FRIDAY-SATURDAY and HOLIDAYS
YOUTH MINISTRIES OFFICE
727-938-1974 ext 109
Available by Phone Monday to Friday 9 AM to 4 PM
6:00 PM TO 8;00 PM Mondays
3:00 PM to 9:00 PM Fridays
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM Sundays
Events at St. Vincent de Paul
SAVE THE DATE FOR THESE EVENTS
April 22 - Adopt a Road - 12:30 PM - Father Farrell Hall
May 6 - First Holy Communion - 10 AM Mass
May 6- Consecration of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
May 11- Confirmation - Mass at 7 PM
May 13 - Mother's Day Brunch 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
May 20- End of the Year Faith Formation Picnic
DAILY EVENT SCHEDULE
- 10:00 AM OLG Arts and Crafts Media Room - Education Building
- 10:00 AM Card Party - Ladies Aux KOC - Sept to May - 4th Monday of the Month ONLY Father Farrell Hall
- 1:00 PM Divine Mercy Grade 5 - Education Building
- 6:30 PM Chime Choir Practice - Music Room / Chapel
- 6:45 PM Knights of Columbus (2nd and 3rd Monday of Month) Grade 6 - Education Building
- 7:00 PM Knights of Columbus Ladies Aux -3rd Monday of the Month Grade 4 - Education Building
- 7:00 PM AA St Francis Room - Education Building
- 7:00 PM GA Grade 5 - Education Building
- 7:00 PM NA Media Room - Education Building
- 6:30 PM Knights of Columbus 1st Degree 3rd Tuesday ONLY Grade 6 Education Building
- 7:00 PM AL Anon Media Room - Education Building
- 7:00 PM O/A St Francis Room Education Building
- 7:00 PM ALA Teen Grade 5 Education Building
- 7:00 PM AA Grade 4 Education Building
- 12:00 PM Rosary Makers - St. Francis Room - Education Building
- 4:00 PM Share the Word (Starts back up at end of Sept) St. Francis Room - Education Building
- 4:00 PM Spaghetti Dinner 2nd Wed of Month November to May - Father Farrell Hall
- 7:00 PM Choir Practice - All Choirs - Church
- 7:00 PM RCIA 2nd and 4th Wed of Month St Francis Room - Education Building
- 7:30 PM AA - Media Room - Education Building
- 12:00 PM Mary's Maids - Church
- 3:00 PM Confession - Church
- 6:45 PM Cub Scouts August to May Grade 1, 2, 3, & 5 - Education Building Last Thursday of Month in Hall
- 7:00 PM First Reconciliation & Eucharist Preparation 3rd Thursday of Month September to May Media Room - Education Building
- 7:00 PM Confession - Church
- 7:00 PM AA - Grade 6 - Education Building
- 7:00 PM United States Catholic Catechism For Adults - Education Bldg St. Francis Room 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the Month ONLY.
- 8:00 AM Coffee Social - Media Room - Education Building
- 11:00 AM Al Anon - Grade 5 - Education Building
- 1:30 PM Centering Prayer - Grade 4 - Education Building
- 4:00 PM Friday Night Dinner KOC September to May HALL
- 7:00 PM Youth Group Grades 6 to 12 - Media Room Education Building
- 8:00 PM Al Anon - St Francis Room - Education Building
- 9:00 AM Carmelites St Francis Room - Education Building
- 10:00 AM AA - Media Room - Education Building
- 3:00 PM Divine Mercy Chaplet - Church
- 7:00 PM NA - Grade 5 - Education Building
- 11:00AM FAITH FORMATION - ENTIRE EDUCATION BLDG AND HALL
Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
You Are Invited by Bishop Gregory Parkes to Join in the Diocesan Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
April 2nd, 2018 will begin the devotion of the Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and concludes on May 6th.
Here are two of the different forms of devotion you may use:
Michael Gaitley's 33 Days to Morning Glory
Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament, Month of Mary – 30 Days.
Either will be valid and acceptable if devoutly implored.
Order the $5 Michael Gaitley's 33 Days to Morning Glory book through the SVdP Parish Office.
Orders for the $9.50 Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament, which contains the Novena and Consecration.
* Checks made to EMMANUEL Publishing.
* Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to order. Hurry limited time.
* Phone order: (727) 967-4249 Mary Brady
DIOCESE of SAINT PETERSBURG will be CONSECRATED to the IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY on MAY 6, 2018
In an effort to lead all people closer to the Heart of Jesus,Bishop Gregory Parkes has announced that he will consecrate the parishes, schools, charities, ministries and all people who live in the five counties of the Diocese to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. To consecrate means to dedicate or set aside for a sacred purpose. Mary’s life was set aside for the sole purpose of serving Jesus. By following her example, Catholics, too, can completely give themselves to Christ in a powerful way and give their lives to Him in service and love. (Begin April 2 – May 6 )
“An act of consecration to Mary is essentially an act of consecration to Jesus through Mary. As Saint John Paul IIexplained, ‘Consecrating ourselves to Mary means acceptingher help to offer ourselves and the whole of mankind to him who is holy, infinitely holy; it means accepting her help—by having recourse to her motherly heart,’” said Bishop Parkes, recalling the words of the former St. Pope John Paul II who had a great influence on his own vocation to priesthood.
The consecration will take place in the month of May because our culture celebrates the gift of mothers during May and Catholics also thank God for the gift of the Blessed Mother. The Catholic Church dedicates May to Mary in honor of her role as the mother of Jesus and of those in Heaven and on Earth. She mothers everyone like a true mother, and she is the model for those who want to be faithful followers of Christ.
“To you, to your Immaculate Heart, in this tragic hour of human history, we confide our fortunes, putting ourselves in your hands.” Pope Pius XII
Meet Our Staff
- Father Bill Fickel, SSS, Pastor
- Father Dominic Long, SSS, Parochial Vicor
- Father Peter Tuong Nguyen, SSS, In Residence
- Brother Peter Mahady, SSS, Religious Brother
- Deacon Frank Longo, Homebound Ministry
- Christine Delieto, Parish Administrator
- Sr Ruth Platte, Secretary
- Mrs Jane Etzel, Director of Religious Education
- Rosemarie Scordamaglia, Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries
- Francesco Sclafani, Director of Music Ministries
- Mark Brose, Chef
- Mr Robert Letsos, Maintenance
- Dave Snow, Maintenance
Bishop Larkin Catholic School
The Bishop Larkin Catholic School's mission is to inspire students to be the best that they can be by spreading the word of God through their teachings and actions on a daily basis. Visit their website for more information!
Friday Night Dinners
We are back.... Starting September 22nd... Come down and join us for a great dinner..